Stoke have announced the signing of former Liverpool defender Glen Johnson on an initial two-year contract.
The 30-year-old has flown to Singapore to join his new team-mates on their pre-season tour, pending what the club call "finalising the formalities" of the deal.
Johnson, whose contract includes the option of an extension into a third year, will become the Potters' sixth signing of the summer.
Stoke boss Mark Hughes told the club's official website: "Glen will be a fantastic addition to our squad. He commanded a huge transfer fee when he left Portsmouth for Liverpool but dealt with the pressure that comes with that.
"He's a talented defender who also chips in with goals – as we discovered last season when he scored the winner against us at Anfield – and having spoken to him I know how much he's looking forward to being a Stoke player."
Johnson, who has been capped 54 times by England, moved to Liverpool in an £18million deal in 2009 and made 200 league and cup appearances for the club before leaving at the end of last season.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Haaland’s will to win impresses Guardiola
- Benzema, Courtois and De Bruyne nominated for UEFA award
- Serbia’s Kostic completes Juventus move
- Ten Hag does not want to lose Rashford at Man Utd
- Tuchel reveals ‘bond’ with Aubameyang amid Chelsea rumours
- Struggling Barcelona sign 100-mn-euro digital deal
- Liverpool will not panic buy despite Thiago injury blow, says Klopp
- Surprise date-change overshadows World Cup 100-day countdown
- Qatar’s ground control on alert for World Cup disasters
- Where to find Osasuna vs. Sevilla on US TV