Today we head to Ottawa to see the first games from Group B that includes tournament favorites, Germany. Die Nationalelf’s goal is to win 2015 World Cup, but do you agree? Share your predictions and read the ones from our experts.
Norway v. Thailand
1PM ET – FOX
Lansdowne Stadium – Ottawa
These two teams may be able to cancel each other out. Norway brings a physical defense that will bunker down, while Thailand clogs and stifles the middle of the pitch. Norway faced some struggles in qualifying and had a hard time creating scoring opportunities. Their chances will be further limited by Thailand’s midfield and defense.
Norway holds the upper hand in experience, as it will be Thailand’s first ever World Cup game. Norway will be able to lean on the team’s veterans in their opening game in Canada, something Thailand will certainly be missing.
Germany v. Ivory Coast
4PM ET – FOX
Lansdowne Stadium – Ottawa
This is the first opportunity to get a look at number one ranked Germany. However, it’s not a tough test to start the tournament opening up against Ivory Coast who sit 64 spots below the Germans in world rankings.
Germany will look to come out strong and fast, score an early goal and then never look back. Las Elephantes will need to have a solid strategy to counter the German machine. Ivory Coast prides themselves on grit, determination and overcoming big obstacles. The goal for this team should be to keep within striking distance of Germany. Do not let them run up the score and look for break out opportunities if the Germans get comfortable.
Before, during or after today’s matches, join the conversation in the comments section below with fellow soccer fans from around the world.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Holders Wydad Casablanca among 58 CAF Champions League hopefuls
- 2022/23 LaLiga prediction: What will the final table look like?
- African players in Europe: Salah, Mane score as season starts
- Three talking points from the Premier League’s opening weekend
- Former Man Utd star Giggs goes on trial for assault
- Marseille win Ligue 1 season opener, Ramsey scores on Nice debut
- Lewandowski scores first Barcelona goal in Pumas rout
- Sundowns start season as they ended the last by topping table
- Haaland warns Premier League much more to come after dream debut
- RB Leipzig held at Stuttgart, Cologne defeat 10-man Schalke