Newcastle United have announced that they will be making a nine-day tour of the United States next month as part of their pre-season preparation for the 2015/16 season.
The trip will include three matches against Mexican side Club Atlas in Milwaukee on July 14 before heading to California to play Sacramento Republic FC on July 18.
The Geordies’ final fixture will come on July 21 against Portland Timbers at Providence Park.
Managing Director at the Newcastle United Lee Charnley has expressed his happiness at securing the three friendly matches to be held in the United States.
Charnley said: “We are delighted to have secured these three matches in the US as part of our pre-season schedule. This trip will play a key part in getting the team’s fitness and preparation absolutely right ahead of the new season.
“It will also enable us to build on last year’s successful tour of New Zealand; helping us develop and strengthen the Newcastle United brand internationally and reach new audiences as we seek to increase our global fan base.
“The US is a key territory for the Premier League and the huge increase in the numbers of US viewers watching Premier League games over the last couple of seasons mean this is a perfect time for us to head across the Atlantic.
“We also know we have a number of strong and enthusiastic fan groups based in the States and we look forward to engaging with as many of them as possible them during this tour.”
World Soccer Talk readers, let us know if you plan on seeing Newcastle in Milwaukee, Sacramento or Portland.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family