Connect with us

FIFA

Contact sponsors to tell them to stop supporting FIFA

sepp-blatter

It’s time for action. Put your anger about Sepp Blatter being re-elected as FIFA President to good use by contacting the FIFA sponsors and demanding that they STOP:

(1) supporting FIFA President Sepp Blatter,
(2) supporting the use of slavery in Qatar to build for World Cup 2022, and
(3) allowing FIFA to continue with a lack of transparency and oversight that has led to alleged corruption.

Here’s a list of contact information for the sponsors, as well as links to petitions. The only way to make your voice heard is by hitting FIFA where it hurts – in the wallet. And to do that, we need to let the sponsors know that we want this to end.

ADIDAS

MCDONALDS

Email: Press@us.mcd.com & steve.easterbrook@us.mcd.com
Twitter: @McDonalds

qatar-2022-world-cup-protest

PETITIONS

Remove Sepp Blatter from the FIFA Presidency

Stop Sponsoring Slavery, Corruption, Misogyny and Homophobia (Qatar World Cup 2022)

Bring democracy and innovation to soccer

fifa-human-rights

death-toll-in-qatar

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
20 Comments

20 Comments

1. Jeremy

May 30, 2015 at 5:46 am

How is this any different than how Salt Lake City won 2002 and Atlanta 1996 Olympics games? They used bribes and still hosted the games. I didn’t see anyone say they wouldn’t attend. I think anyone would have trouble telling me US would be clean When it bids for any major events. Look at the States that would be host cities. Congress and cities would be looking for the cash handouts.

• Jeremy

May 30, 2015 at 5:49 am

No major sponsors dropped out as a few said they would.

Coca-Cola, Xerox, Visa, John Hancock Financial Services, Lucent Technologies, Delta Airlines and US West.

2. Jim

May 30, 2015 at 5:36 am

Key question which can only be answered by a visit to Qatar yourself. How do we know the BBC, 20/20 and others is the real story of Qatar and not a fake story? Could USA Soccer be paying news people for bad press for Qatar? The Olympics in Russia wasn’t as bad as press made it out to be. I spent two weeks in Russia.

3. mayfar3

May 29, 2015 at 10:43 pm

so who do you call if you’re like 99.99999999% of Americans and you don’t give a crap about soccer, and want to convey that sentiment?

• Marcus Antonius

May 31, 2015 at 9:24 am

Let’s work out your math. Pretend there are 350 million people in the US. 99.999999999% of Americans is roughly 349999999.997. So only if one person cared, that would make your math incorrect. Furthermore, the 2014 world cup final was watched by about 26 million Americans, which is about 7.4 percent. You must be really proud of your solid 2 digit I.Q.

4. jtm371

May 29, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Very sad day not a DAMN thing has changed. The snake(blatter) has just as much power as before. Other than visa the rest of the sponsors won’t get a dime from me. Fifa makes the Mafia look like pikers. Bottom line very sad.

5. Pakapala

May 29, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Hello Coca-Cola, Hyundai, Visa, McDonald’s,

Lately I have become very concerned about the plight of construction workers in Qatar. You see I could care less about them per se, as evidenced by the fact that I stayed completely silent and inactive as Qatar and other wealthy oil countries in that region enriched themselves thanks in most part to my out of control use of petrol that they provide my country, to the backing of my country’s government. I remained completely silent and carefree as they use that new found wealth to buy properties in my country, and even sponsor or buy my local club; in fact I jumped for joy when I heard the news as they pour money into my club. I remained completely silent as they used said wealth to build amazing, jaw dropping monuments in their country on the back of the workers that I am pretending today to take a stance for. I remain silent and even I am ashamed to admit at times secretly dreaming of one day staying at one of those luxury buildings on vacation in Doha (Qatar), Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) or Abu Dhabi (UAE). Everything changed though when they got to host the World Cup…

• Pakapala

May 29, 2015 at 5:23 pm

… continued

You see, overnight I became a human rights activist, I decided to boycott Qatar. OK maybe I haven’t stopped driving my qatari-oil-filled SUV and maybe I continue to support my club and pray God that they never stop sponsoring/owning my club. Maybe I have not been pressuring my own government to stop being allies with such country with poor human rights. But I will definitely boycott the WC in 2022. or maybe not, after all.

• Pakapala

May 29, 2015 at 5:26 pm

… continued

Regardless this isn’t about me. I am imploring you to stop making deals with FIFA because they support Qatar killing innocent migrant workers. I know that you have been doing business in/with Qatar for decades and you most likely have buildings today in Qatar that were built on the back of those migrant workers; but I could care less about that you see, just like I cared less about your own slave workers you employ by exporting your workforce. All I care about is that you boycott FIFA as long as Blatter is in charge. That to me is trully showing my support, our support to those poor migrant workers.

I end this letter by saying: Blatter out! Blatter out!
      Euh…. I mean free those migrant workers! Free those migrant workers!

• Fred the Red

May 29, 2015 at 8:08 pm

I’ll call out my country for when theydo things wrong such as Vietnam, poor coordination regarding the education system etc.
      I will condemn the US for anything abusive done to another country such as the beatings of war prisoners etc.
      What Qatar is doing is wrong and I see no reason why you’re defending
      them. They won the world cup off of bribery. We all know it and Michael Garcia the investigator FIFA appointed said so himself. They’ve arrested reporters that try to out them numerous times. We live in the Snap chat, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook age. It’s hard to cover up anything widespread like this now.

6. Pakapala

May 29, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Why is my comment not posted?

7. goatslookshifty

May 29, 2015 at 3:54 pm

If WST can kick Gus Johnson out of football, surely we can do the same to Sepp Blatter.
    Ok, slight exaggeration but fight the fight.

8. Flyvanescence

May 29, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Adidas: im a Nike guy.

Budweiser and McDonald’s: no thanks.

I drive a Hyundai and my bank uses Visa. Thats not gonna change anytime soon.

I do like a good mixed Coke.

So ill boycott 3 of them. And i heard Visa and Coke may be considering their sponsorship?

9. daniel

May 29, 2015 at 3:26 pm

do you really think these companies are going to listen to us?do you really think a arab islam theocracy thats hates all infidels that are not their religion care what the rest of the world thinks about what goes on there?

• Christopher Harris

May 29, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Yes, FIFA can change if sponsors pull out, which would put pressure on the organization to start thinking and doing differently.

Castrol, Johnson & Johnson and Continental all severed ties with FIFA.

Qatar doesn’t care what soccer fans think, but FIFA holds the key to make changes, if necessary.

• daniel

May 29, 2015 at 7:00 pm

im sorry but i just dont see anything changing but thats just me

10. StellaWasAlwaysDown

May 29, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Does Qatar not have an OSHA equivalent?

Really I just came here to say I support the Oxford Comma.

11. CTBlues

May 29, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Lol you listed Gazprom. You think the Russian gas company cares what you think? I’m not going to use your heating fuel in the winter and use… oh wait there isn’t company. The rest I could see with Visa being the hardest to stop using because your bank may only use Visa for its credit and debit cards.

12. Jayoh

May 29, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Great work on this – thank you.