Bayern Munich have announced a partnership with American Spanish-language television company Univision Deportes. The agreement means that the network will now air Bayern Munich Magazine, a 90-minute program dedicated to match replays of Bundesliga, Champions League, and German Cup matches.
In addition to match replays, Bayern Munich Magazine also includes press conferences, player interviews, and behind-the-scenes material. Along with the aforementioned television program, Univision will also air a weekly segment about the German giants during their Sunday mainstay sports program, Republica Deportiva.
Managing Director of Bayern Munich U.S., Rudolf Vidal, said of the agreement, “The partnership with Univision is the next step in our goal to bring FC Bayern closer to the American audience. Univision Deportes will enable us to reach millions of Hispanics, a key audience for the growth of the sport and the club in the U.S. market.”
Eric Conrad, Vice President of Sports Programming at Univision Deportes proclaimed, “Univision Deportes is excited about bringing FC Bayern’s World Cup-winning roster and content to our passionate and engaged soccer audience. With this partnership, we continue to expand our sports content portfolio with one of the most popular clubs in the world, a club with a tradition of success and rich with star players that resonate with our audience.”
Bayern Munich have been working feverishly to make the German club one of the most popular foreign clubs in America over the last year or so. The reigning German champions hired a new director of internationalization and strategy in 2013 and quickly made growing the club’s brand a priority here in the United States. After Bayern came to America for an MLS All-Star clash last summer, Vidal declared, “We are coming to the States and we are staying here.”
The Spanish-language network adds Bayern Munich Magazine to their sports lineup that already includes: Liga MX, Copa MX, CONCACAF Champions League, CONCACAF Golf Cup, Major League Soccer, Primeira Liga (Portugal), as well as Formula 1 races.
It has been reported that nearly 40 million households receive the Univision Deportes channel as of February.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Premier League’s most underrated XI in the 2021/22 season
- Marseille secure Champions League place as Bordeaux go down
- RB Leipzig win first German Cup trophy
- Ten-man RB Leipzig win German Cup final on penalties
- La Rochelle boost Top 14 play-off hopes ahead of Euro final
- Fiorentina beat Juve to reach Conference League, Atalanta out of Europe
- ‘Very happy’ Mbappe snubs Real Madrid to stay at PSG
- Lyon beat Barca to claim eighth Women’s Champions League
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache