So far this season, MLS attendances are up 16% compared to last season. That’s no big surprise with the addition of Orlando, New York City FC and the opening of Avaya Stadium in San Jose, and, of course, the contraction of Chivas USA.
Now that gameweek 6 of MLS has concluded, we can see that Dallas, New England and DC had fairly consistent turnouts for their matches this weekend. Better yet, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Portland, San Jose and Kansas City all sold out.
In case you weren’t aware, Toronto plays its first home match after starting on the road with 7 games due to renovations to BMO Field. That gives them 17 home games in their last 27 matches.
For the first time in league history, there have been no matches with under 10,000 reported attendance, while over 68% of matches have had 18,000+.
Here are the reported attendances from this past weekend:
|MLS Attendance – Equal # of Home Games|
|Att||Cap||Att||Att +/-||GP||% of Cap||Cap|
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more