Soccer fans in Europe have it easy. Midweek games are shown during primetime on television, while those same fans can get a full night’s sleep on the weekend knowing that the earliest kickoff isn’t going to happen until 12:30pm in the afternoon, local time.
American soccer fans, on the other hand, often have to wake up to watch the early Saturday kickoff anytime between 4:45am and 7:45am. To make matters worse, those mouthwatering UEFA Champions League matches are played during office hours — when the American workforce is supposed to be in meetings, finishing projects on deadline and generating revenue for their companies.
But oftentimes, the Champions League can’t wait until we get home. For those of you who find a way to watch the Champions League at work, how do you do it?
Post your stories in the comments below. And feel free to use an anonymous name if you don’t want your boss knowing.
For me, I’ve been working full-time on World Soccer Talk the past two years, so my job is to stay in my home office and watch games. But prior to going full-time on World Soccer Talk, I worked in the American workforce for 25 years.
In one of my jobs, I used two computer monitors. One would have my spreadsheets and e-mail on it, while the other one would have FOX Soccer 2GO on, so I was able to multitask and watch both in the privacy of my office. That was until my boss found out, but she encouraged me to watch the games as long as I got my work done, so that was a relief.
But what about you? Post your stories in the comments section below about how you are able to watch Champions League matches on a typical workday.
I look forward to reading your responses!
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family