Connect with us

Leagues: Champions League

How do you watch Champions League matches at work?

bernabeu-stadium

Soccer fans in Europe have it easy. Midweek games are shown during primetime on television, while those same fans can get a full night’s sleep on the weekend knowing that the earliest kickoff isn’t going to happen until 12:30pm in the afternoon, local time.

American soccer fans, on the other hand, often have to wake up to watch the early Saturday kickoff anytime between 4:45am and 7:45am. To make matters worse, those mouthwatering UEFA Champions League matches are played during office hours — when the American workforce is supposed to be in meetings, finishing projects on deadline and generating revenue for their companies.

But oftentimes, the Champions League can’t wait until we get home. For those of you who find a way to watch the Champions League at work, how do you do it?

Post your stories in the comments below. And feel free to use an anonymous name if you don’t want your boss knowing.

For me, I’ve been working full-time on World Soccer Talk the past two years, so my job is to stay in my home office and watch games. But prior to going full-time on World Soccer Talk, I worked in the American workforce for 25 years.

In one of my jobs, I used two computer monitors. One would have my spreadsheets and e-mail on it, while the other one would have FOX Soccer 2GO on, so I was able to multitask and watch both in the privacy of my office. That was until my boss found out, but she encouraged me to watch the games as long as I got my work done, so that was a relief.

But what about you? Post your stories in the comments section below about how you are able to watch Champions League matches on a typical workday.

I look forward to reading your responses!

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
14 Comments

14 Comments

1. CBF 1914-2014

March 17, 2015 at 7:45 pm

I work at night so it is easier to watch footy while it is live.

2. Brian

March 17, 2015 at 4:24 pm

I have to dvr the games since I cannot seem to get FoxSportsGo to work. Even though I have Fox Sports 1 and 2 on my cable FSGo doesn’t work for me even after signing in with my cable account.

3. Roy Biggs

March 17, 2015 at 4:13 pm

I watch via directv app on laptop and tablet simultaneously. It helps that my manager is as big a soccer fan as I am. My work hasn’t suffered yet and will not, else I’ll lose the privilege.

4. hickorywind

March 17, 2015 at 3:29 pm

If the game is one either FS1 or FS2, I watch it on the Fox Sports Go app on my phone. If I can’t do that discreetly, I just go on Twitter for updates.

5. Rick

March 17, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Use an app on your phone- Footylight. Gives you highlights of most games around the world, full games, match of the day and even live radio coverage. If not, record on your DVR.

6. Iancransonsknees

March 17, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Have it easy! You lot haven’t had to put up with Andy f@ck1ng Townsend for an eternity. ITV are awful sports broadcasters.

7. Cody

March 17, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I occasionally watch on the fox sports go webpage, but lately it has had really crappy streams, so I normally just DVR the game, try my best not to figure out the result, & watch it when I get home.

My friends make a cruel habit of texting me fake scorelines, so I usually just have to turn my cell phone off.

8. Awful Awful Knight

March 17, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Three little letters: D V R

Only real downside is it requires patience and a dedication to staying off of this and other Soccer news sites so I don’t get spoiled on results.

9. Flyvanescence

March 17, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Some of us actually work, at work.

If its a big game i hope to get done or off early enough to get to a pub close to where im working. But usually i will just not bother or watch a replay later at night.

10. MrTuktoyaktuk

March 17, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Usually stream it via my Sling Box from home onto my phone. I could watch on my work computer but rather keep it on my own device for discretion’s sake.

11. Phil

March 17, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Mobile apps! In Canada, Sportsnetworld allows you access to all the games, just a matter of jumping onto wifi at work and streaming them. Perhaps, though, its added additional stress to a typical TUE/WED…

12. strongbad

March 17, 2015 at 1:04 pm

i dont. i take 2 and half hour breaks. especially for knock out stages.