Luis Suarez has once again voiced his opinion on the English media, just over two weeks after blasting the British press for making false claims against him following Barcelona’s 2-1 victory over Manchester City.
Following that contest, several English newspapers reported Suarez attempted to bite City defender Martin Demichelis towards the end of the match. But video evidence clearly showed the Uruguayan striker did nothing close to what was being reported.
Suarez went on to say the English press were out to get him and should show him respect after the years he spent playing in the Premier League.
Now, during an interview with beIN SPORTS, the Barcelona forward said the British media “misses” him and will continue to poke around in his affairs.
“I do not know whether the British press have something against me, but they do seem to miss me.
“They criticize me a lot and are always looking for things to attract attention. They published a picture of me supposedly biting Demichelis, but these images then disappeared when they realized it was fake…
“That was when I said it was enough and to leave me alone. It is tiresome, but they keep looking for something.”
In recent weeks, Suarez has rediscovered his goalscoring form from previous seasons, after struggling to find the back of the net at his new club during his first few months with Barcelona. Even though his manager and teammates applauded his early efforts, the Uruguayan came under criticism for his early performances with the Catalan club.
Speaking to beIN SPORTS, Suarez insisted he was never paid attention to what was being said about how he was playing because he was already extremely self-critical of his performances.
“I am very happy at Barca, it was a dream come true to play for the best team in the world. I am playing my part and that makes me relax and feel important,” he added.
“There was a period when I created chances, but failed to score. That did not worry me, though. I am very critical of my own performances, especially when I saw I did not contribute with goals and assists. But I did help the team when I didn’t score and I always felt important.”
Suarez now has 13 goals and ten assists in all competitions, and helped Barcelona leapfrog Real Madrid into first place in La Liga. The Catalan club also has one foot in the Champions League quarter-final and has reached the Copa del Rey final.
Programming note: Eibar vs. Barcelona will be shown LIVE on Saturday starting at 1:00pm EST on beIN SPORTS and DishWorld.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family