Porto president Pinto da Costa has slapped a £30 million price tag on right-back Danilo, according to the Spanish publication AS.
The 23-year-old full-back is one of the most sought after defenders in Europe; with the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain all expressing their interest in the talented Brazilian.
But Da Costa, who is described as the ‘Portuguese Daniel Levy’ -his Tottenham counterpart – is reportedly insisting that Danilo leave for no less than £30 million.
Danilo’s contract is set to expire in June 2016 and the defender recently refused to sign a new deal with Porto. The suggestion is the Portuguese club will look to cash in on the player at the end of the season.
According to AS, Real Madrid do not want to pay the price tag suggested by Porto’s president because they feel the valuation is excessive for a player entering the final year of his contract.
The Spanish club made a similar decision a year ago when they were offered a chance to sign Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba for £22 million. The player’s agent, Mino Raiola, recently told the Spanish newspaper Marca he offered his client to the Spanish giants, but Madrid refused to sign the France international saying: “Why pay £22 million if soon he can come for free?”
Pogba would later sign an extension with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A club until June 2019.
As for Danilo, there are reports in England saying Manchester United and Manchester City are both willing to meet the Portuguese club’s valuation for the defender.
Danilo made his international debut for Brazil when he was 20 years old, and has made 82 appearances for Porto since signing from Santos in January 2012.
The defender has helped the Portuguese side win two Primeira Liga titles and steered the club to Champions League qualification each season.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family