West Ham boss Sam Allardyce hit out at both the Tottenham players and referee Jon Moss after a late Harry Kane equalizer cost the Hammers another win at White Hart Lane.
The visitors, looking for a third straight win at Tottenham but just a second Premier League victory since Christmas, were deservedly leading 2-0 with just 10 minutes remaining thanks to goals from Cheikhou Kouyate and Diafra Sakho.
But Danny Rose struck to reduce the arrears before Kane was brought down in the box by Alex Song in the last moments of five minutes of stoppage time.
The England Under-21 international dusted himself down to take the resulting penalty, only to see it saved by Adrian. Kane, though, was on hand to sweep home the rebound.
That proved to be the last meaningful kick of the game but Allardyce was left fuming at referee Moss, as well as the Spurs players, who he accused of going to ground too easily.
Asked if Moss should have blown for full-time immediately after Adrian had saved the penalty, Allardyce replied: "The answer to that is yes, but he wouldn't be brave enough to do that at home would he?
"He'll say there was still two seconds to go. He will say when the penalty was taken, there were five seconds left, when the rebound came off there were three second left. So we're doing NFL now aren't we? I'd like a time-keeper to be perfectly honest with you.
"From our point of view, Alex has to keep his hands off him because he's going to feel that contact and take to the floor. He's got to. No-one is in doubt that when you're losing at that stage of the game and you know you're not going to score because he's kicked it too far.
"You're going to take the chance (by going to ground) and the referee gives him the opportunity to take the penalty – he wasn't good enough to score that but lucky enough to get the rebound."
Allardyce had previously berated Tottenham on BT Sport, saying: "You can argue whether it's enough contact from Alex's arm or whether it's not, but when you're desperate like Tottenham are and you get touched, a player's going to fall over and ask the referee to make a decision.
"Whether it's the right decision or not, it's the way football is today. If we're to learn anything by it, we have to do the same as what Tottenham do more often, because we stay on our feet and don't get fouls and they get touched and go down and they do get fouls. In the end it's make a difference."
Tottenham counterpart Mauricio Pochettino argued that his side did enough to win the game and praised the spirit his players showed to keep chasing a result.
"We are always confident because we trust our players, and we never give up," he said.
"This is important, we showed big character and big personality today, and good energy. Then in the last 20 minutes it was important for us, it was a big point. It was difficult to play today, it is good to show character. For that we are proud.
"I think we deserved more than point. We had 21 or 22 shots. We created many chances. We had possession of ball. But after they scored they created chances on counter-attack, they have very fast players up front. But in general, if we analyze, we are better than them."
Watch the Tottenham 2-2 West Ham United match highlights:
Mobile app users, watch the match highlights here.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family