West Brom are looking for new investment as they assess their options in the wake of the Barclays Premier League's new mammoth TV deal.
The Baggies would welcome fresh backers and are believed to have spoken to contacts in the City.
They are looking at home and abroad – with the search not limited to foreign investment, Press Association Sport understands.
Chairman Jeremy Peace, though, remains hands on and his authority and commitment to the club is not in question.
Peace has previously looked for new backers to aid the Baggies and this time is no different as the club try to progress.
The trigger comes from the new TV deal, worth more than B£5billion to the Barclays Premier League, which was signed this week.
It represents a 70 per cent rise on the current £3bn contract for live screening of top flight matches at home and abroad and will run for the 2016-2019 seasons.
Sky paid £4.17bn for five of seven packages on offer, equating to 126 live games. BT Sport spent £960m on two, which nets them 42 matches.
The Premier League will now net £113,000 a minute from their domestic television rights.
The Baggies are chasing a sixth straight season in the top flight and are four points above the relegation zone ahead of Saturday's FA Cup fifth round visit of West Ham.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family