Jose Mourinho has been fined £25,000 and warned over his future conduct by the Football Association for claiming there was a "clear campaign" against Chelsea.
The Blues boss' complaints following the draw at Southampton on December 28 were found to be improper and brought the game into disrepute.
An independent regulatory commission found, however, that the comments did not imply officials were biased against Chelsea.
An FA statement read: "Following an independent regulatory commission hearing, Jose Mourinho has been fined £25,000 after he was found to have breached FA rules in relation to media comments."
Mourinho attended a personal hearing after being charged following the comments, which came after Cesc Fabregas was denied a penalty and instead booked for a dive at St Mary's.
It followed incidents of diving in previous matches involving Diego Costa, Willian, Branislav Ivanovic and Gary Cahill.
The Portuguese said afterwards: "That's a campaign, that's a clear campaign.
"People, pundits, commentators, coaches from other teams – they react with Chelsea in a way they don't react to other teams.
"They put lots of pressure on the referee and the referee makes a mistake like this. We lose two points, Fabregas earns a yellow card.
"In other countries where I worked before, tomorrow in the sports papers it would be a front-page scandal because it is a scandal.
"I think it is a scandal because it is not a small penalty – it is a penalty like Big Ben.
"In this country – and I am happy with that, more than happy with that – we will just say that it was a big mistake with a big influence in the result.
"I am happy that it is this way, with respect for the referee. He made a big mistake like I make, like the players make sometimes."
The FA statement added: "The Chelsea manager denied that comments he made after the game against Southampton on December 28, 2014 constituted improper conduct in that they alleged and/or implied bias on the part of a referee or referees, and/or brought the game into disrepute.
"The independent regulatory commission found the comments were a breach of FA rule E3 in that they were improper and brought the game into disrepute.
"The commission did not, however, find that the comments implied bias on the part of a referee or referees.
"Mr Mourinho, who had requested a non-personal hearing, was also warned as to his future conduct."
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family