Hull will pay up to £2.3million for Tom Ince after they reached a compensation agreement with Blackpool over the winger.
Ince, 22, joined the Tigers during the summer after his deal with the Seasiders expired but, due to his age, Blackpool were entitled to recoup a fee for the England Under-21 international.
The two clubs were understood to be attending a tribunal last week in order to determine how much Ince would cost Hull and Blackpool confirmed on their official Twitter feed that a subsequent package had been agreed.
They said: “The club can confirm that a compensation package has been agreed with @HullCity for Tom Ince, without the need of a tribunal.
“The Tigers will pay up to £2.3m for the 22-year-old, who moved to the KC Stadium on a two-year deal in the summer.”
Ince, who is the son of ex-England captain Paul Ince, began his career at Liverpool but moved to Blackpool in the summer of 2011.
The winger started Hull’s first three league games of the season this year but was loaned out to Nottingham Forest in November and has struggled to make an impact since returning to East Yorkshire.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Ukraine will be ready for World Cup play-off: Scotland boss Clarke
- Avram Glazer defends Man Utd reign after troubled season
- Mbappe says he consulted Macron over PSG deal
- West Ham’s Zouma in court over ‘cat abuse’ video
- Mbappe says he will not overstep role as a player under PSG deal
- Dortmund name Terzic as new head coach, sign Ozcan from Cologne
- Man City’s Mendy pleads not guilty to nine sex offences
- New Man Utd boss Ten Hag aims to smash Liverpool-City duopoly
- Teenager Fati summoned by Spain for Nations League matches
- Guardiola hails ‘legends’ as Man City prepare to party