Arsenal have confirmed German forward Lukas Podolski has completed a loan move to Inter Milan for the remainder of the 2014/15 season.
The 29-year-old, who joined the Gunners from Cologne in the summer of 2012, had become frustrated by a lack of first-team opportunities, often used as an impact player from the bench by manager Arsene Wenger.
He has scored three goals this season – including a dramatic last-gasp winner in the Champions League group game at Anderlecht.
Podolski, who was part of the World Cup winning squad in Brazil during the summer, has already linked up with Roberto Mancini's Serie A side and trained in Milan on Monday.
"He is experienced and has a wonderful career behind him," Mancini, the former Manchester City boss, said at a press conference.
"He will help us and is not at the end of his career."
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Rangnick to meet Ten Hag as Man Utd seek Europa League salvation
- EPL commentators on NBC: May 22
- Marsch expects to stay on even if Leeds are relegated
- Bad blood stirred by scarf row ahead of German Cup final
- Gerrard only has eyes for Villa despite Premier League drama
- Stones, Walker returns boost Man City for final-day decider
- Managers warn over pitch invasions as police probe Vieira incident
- Losing to Lyon made us better, says Barca’s Bonmati
- World Soccer Talk adds national team schedules and new features
- PSG coach Pochettino in the dark over Mbappe future