There’s several odds-on shots sure to be well backed in this week’s Premier League betting coupon, particularly in-form Chelsea and Man City who are expected to take care of Newcastle and Everton respectively. However, Easyodds.com editor Simon Hopper has been scouring the markets for his top five bets and is tipping the Magpies to end the Blues’ unbeaten run at a massive 7/1 as his #1 wager!
* Visit easyodds.com’s Premier League betting centreto compare all the best odds from every market plus get expert tips for every fixture…
** Follow Simon on Twitter: @hopperfootball
#5 Southampton v Man Utd (Monday, 20:00 – Sky Sports 1)
Both Teams Not To Score @ 6/5 – BET NOW
Southampton are good at the back but not great going forward so this bet makes perfect sense at 6/5. The Saints have still only shipped four goals in seven home league games this term (even allowing for the 3-0 thrashing by Man City last weekend) but they’ve now only scored once in their last three league outings. Louis van Gaal has patched together a decent backline – the Reds have now conceded just four goals in their last six league games despite barely having any defenders – so I expect a tight encounter at St Mary’s.
#4 QPR v Burnley (Saturday, 15:00)
Charlie Austin Anytime Scorer @ 6/4 – BET NOW
Charlie Austin is brilliant at Loftus Road – he’s now bagged four in his last three home league games and I expect him to notch against Burnley on Saturday. The Clarets have shipped 10 goals in their last four away league fixtures and they could struggle to cope with Austin, who has scored more league goals than anyone bar Sergio Aguero, Diego Costa and Alexis Sanchez this term.
#3 Tottenham v Crystal Palace (Saturday, 15:00)
Crystal Palace To Win @ 11/2 – BET NOW
Tottenham have been atrocious at White Hart Lane this season with four defeats from seven home league games while they were thoroughly outplayed in their 3-0 defeat at Chelsea on Wednesday. Crystal Palace are admittedly in poor form but they’re not averse to a decent away result (they won at Everton at September and have only lost two of their last six on their travels) so a shock three points for the visitors looks worth a small play at 11/2.
#2 Stoke v Arsenal (Saturday, 15:00)
Stoke To Win @ 33/10 – BET NOW
Stoke have plundered eight points from their last four home league games against Arsenal and Mark Hughes’ side look value to inflict more Britannia misery on Arsene Wenger. The Potters aren’t in great form but their home league record under Hughes remains decent (12 wins from 25) while Arsenal are still failing to convince despite a recent upturn in results.
#1 Newcastle v Chelsea (Saturday, 12:45 – BT Sport 1)
Newcastle To Win @ 7/1 – BET NOW
Newcastle’s long-term home record is very decent (44% St James’ Park win ratio since the start of last season) while they’re also in good form after five wins in their last seven league games. Chelsea have not lost in the league this season but since Jose Mourinho returned for his second spell they’ve been defeated in just over 19% of his away league games and the influential Nemanja Matic is suspended here which could make them vulnerable. At 7/1, I’m more than happy to chance a home win, and don’t forget Newcastle stunned Chelsea at a big price in this fixture last season.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family