The Football League has announced today that it will begin using vanishing spray in all of its competitions starting on January 1, 2015. The product had previously only been used on a trial basis during the Johnstone’s Paint trophy by the organization.
The spray achieved global recognition during this summer’s World Cup in Brazil, but had previously been used in South and Central American leagues and tournaments; as well as various FIFA events.
Shortly after the conclusion of the World Cup, the product was authorized for use in the majority of Europe’s top leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, and Ligue Un). The Bundesliga gave the vanishing spray its blessings, however a German consumer protection agency banned the product due to greenhouse gas concerns.
Regardless of those findings, the product has continued to be used around the world, and now all matches in the Sky Bet Championship, League One, League Two, Capital One Cup and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy will also begin using the spray.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Rangers on US TV
- Where to find Inter vs. Barcelona on US TV
- Where to find Frankfurt vs. Spurs on US TV
- Thomas Partey’s health is necessary for Arsenal and Ghana
- Vinícius and Foden should be in the ‘best young talent’ talk
- US Soccer releases report detailing abusive behavior in NWSL
- Book review of ‘How to Win the World Cup’ by Chris Evans
- Manchester United defeat highlights Ten Hag’s need for rotation
- 5 must-see Champions League games in matchday three
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV