On loan striker Radamel Falcao has already agreed a permanent deal and will remain at Manchester United past this season, according to reports emanating from England.
The fee for the Colombia international is believed to be £44 million, with the British publication The Independent reporting that the total package for the player will exceed £50m.
Falcao arrived at Old Trafford on a deadline deal from the French side, AS Monaco, with United agreeing to pay an initial fee of £6m to secure his services. It is understood that the Premier League club signed the striker on loan, while holding the option to make the deal permanent at the end of the season.
According to a source at United, “everything is agreed” and the 28-year-old wishes to remain in the Premier League rather than return to Ligue Un. Speculation is the twenty-time champions of England have offered Falcao a contract that will match his £240,000-a-week wages.
With the striker’s wages costing around £12.5m a year, a long term contract would take his acquisition close to £100m.
The striker has only scored once in five appearances since arriving in Manchester, largely in part to his lack of match fitness and an unfortunate training ground injury that kept him out of United’s weekend clash with league-leading Chelsea.
But club officials believe that Falcao is fitting in well at the club and will flourish under Louis van Gaal’s leadership. The striker also has a track record of scoring for every club he has suited up for.
The Colombian scored 41 league goals for FC Porto during two years in Portugal before making a £35 million move to Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2011. Falcao would score 52 goals in 68 La Liga games for the Atleti. The Colombian then made a £52m switch to the French side AS Monaco in the summer of 2013. His only season at the Ligue Un club was cut short by injury, but the striker still scored nine times in seventeen appearances during the 2013-14 campaign.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ