It’s every Englishman’s dream to be the person who leads their country to World Cup success from the pitfalls of despair to the tears of joy and open-top bus parade around Central London. If you aren’t one of the managers of the big boys this dream will also be an impossible reality. However for Mike Bassett, this becomes his reality.
Mike Bassett England Manager is a mockumentary of what it might be like to be England manager even if you not good enough to manage them. The 125-minute film also deals with hooliganism and the impression of English soccer fans aboard, and the ‘Psycho’ captain Gary Wackett who takes more pride in putting the fear in opponents then actually being able to lead a team. Then there’s David Dodds, the coach who simply agrees with everything Mike says (like Phil Neal with Graham Taylor from the infamous Do I Not Like That documentary). And then there’s the irate and often brash Fleet Street reporter played by Phill Jupitus.
Mike Bassett England Manager provides many ‘laugh out loud’ moments and truly illustrates the up and downs fans experience following their nation in a major tournament. It also provides moments of emotion and true pride, and shows that although it is most one of the lucrative jobs in football, it does take a very brave individual to do it.
Meanwhile, check out the Kickstarter project where filmmakers are trying to raise funds to launch a sequel to the film.
Mobile app users, watch the video here.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- EPL commentator schedule: October 1-3
- American businessman reportedly in talks to buy Everton
- Alfie Haaland suggests his son could soon leave Manchester City
- How DAZN acquiring Eleven Sports affects soccer fans in USA
- Where to find Puebla vs. América on US TV
- Where to find Hull City vs. Luton Town on US TV
- Iran national team stands in solidarity after nation erupts in turmoil
- USWNT roster announced ahead of October friendlies
- 2023 Women’s World Cup tickets go on sale from October 6th
- MLS killed the TV star: A farewell to MLS regional broadcast crews