Entertaining Vincent Tan Will Add Spice to New LA MLS Team [PHOTOS]
Just because Vincent Tan may become a minority investor in Chivas USA doesn’t mean that the Malaysian is not going to actively get involved in making key decisions at the MLS club, which is more than likely to relaunch in 2-3 years from now.
Out of the investors linked to acquiring Chivas USA, Tan is the only one with any experience in running a soccer team. And that experience is questionable after pouring millions into Cardiff City, and then ultimately dragging the club back to the Championship after a number of rash decisions.
This week, Tan discussed the possibility of selling Cardiff City, which could give the eccentric billionaire plenty of free time to dream up ridiculous changes for Chivas USA.
After all, this is a man who:
1. Only wanted to sign players with the number 8 in their birthdates,
2. Complained that Cardiff’s goalkeeper wasn’t scoring enough goals,
3. Changed the team colors from blue to red after 113 years of history,
4. Booed his own players after his team gave up a 2-0 lead to tie 2-2,
5. Sacked Malky Mackay when the club was sitting fifth from bottom and then hired an unproven manager in the Premier League, who ended up relegating the team,
Still, the prospect of Tan coming to America and having a role in messing up the already messed-up Chivas USA will add entertainment value to the league.