beINSport’s streaming service – beinsportsconnect.tv – will present FC Basel v BSC Young Boys this Sunday (August 31st) at 10:00am ET. This is an introduction of a new league to soccer fans in the US.
The Swiss Super League is ranked #13 based on UEFA’s ranking by league coefficients. The league has a reputation for high scoring matches. Each side in the 10-team league plays the other teams four times for a total of 36 rounds. As far as beINSports is concerned, look for similar coverage to the Russian League which means limited viewing on their TV channels but regular coverage via streaming. beINSport’s French service shows the matches in Europe.
As far as top teams, FC Basel are definitely the team to beat in the Super League. They have won the last 5 consecutive titles, and 6 of the last 7. They currently lead the league with 15 points after 6 matches. They have been a regular in the UEFA Champions League in the past several years. Their biggest rivals over the past few years have been Grasshopper Zurich but this season it’s Grasshopper’s city rivals FC Zurich that seem to be Basel’s biggest threat.
In other TV broadcasting news. Portuguese Primeira Liga looks like the Univision Deportes has acquired Spanish-language rights to the league in the US. After posting matches last weekend only to pull them in the last minute, it seems that everything is finally ready to go ahead with Univision Deportes as they present FC Porto v Moreirense this Sunday (August 31st) at 2pm ET (2-hour delay due to Liga MX match). This is a good acquisition for Univision Deportes who lost the rights to France’s Ligue-1 matches to beINSports, who now own both English and Spanish language rights to France’s top division. Reminder, GOL-TV has acquired English and Spanish rights to Benfica home matches, albeit for delayed broadcast only. This Sunday they will show the Lisboa Derby between Benfica & Sporting at 8pm ET
beINSport’s advance schedule reveals live coverage on Friday, September 5th of the African Nations Cup qualifier between Sudan & South Africa (12:45pm ET). Friday is the start of the group stages in the qualifiers and hopefully this is a sign of more matches to come between now and the end of the year. Saturday the 6th has several interesting qualifiers and with the absence of European league action – for their own continental qualifiers – I hope to see more African Cup qualifiers scheduled.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more