Listening to European soccer is to be made even easier this season with the renewal of radio services in the United States for Premier League and Bundesliga broadcasting rights.
talkSPORT, the world’s largest sports radio station, has been given the rights to broadcast coverage of all 380 Premier League fixtures in the 2014/15 season, broadcasting across 25 countries including the US and UK. The games shall be broadcast in 9 languages, including English and Spanish.
Premier League Chief Executive Richard Scudamore spoke of the deal, saying: “talkSPORT has for many years produced high quality radio commentary of Barclays Premier League matches in the UK, and successfully extended this to an international audience when they became our first global audio licensee two seasons ago.”
“We are extremely pleased that we will continue this partnership and look forward to working with them as they make Barclays Premier League radio commentary available in more languages and to more countries around the world.”
The deal means talkSPORT will be the host of Premier League radio across the US and the UK for the next three seasons. talkSPORT representative Scott Taunton said “Today’s announcement means we can extend talkSPORT into even more markets, as well as creating new opportunities for advertisers and sponsors. I’m pleased that talkSPORT’s ever growing international audience will now be able to look forward to listening to our world class live coverage of the Barclays Premier League for a further three seasons.”
TuneIn radio app will be carrying radio coverage of the Barclays Premier League, using their app to allow users to tune in to talkSPORT radio online and on the go. TuneIn is an ever growing company that is the most popular way to listen to thousands of radio stations from across the globe. Their dedicated talkSPORT channel gives ease of access to US listeners, which shall provide free coverage available in English, Spanish and Mandarin to all TuneIn users. Live coverage is complemented by news and player interviews via the app in their aim to bring a quality radio experience.
Finally, TuneIn has also struck a deal with the Bundesliga and SPORT1.fm to bring live Bundesliga coverage to US users in both English and German. An official Bundesliga channel will be available alongside SPORT1.fm’s coverage of the German top tier, giving ease of access to even more European soccer. Every single Bundesliga game will be broadcasted via the app, giving the user a vast array of choice when listening in. Free and available across the globe, TuneIn is bringing the radio experience back to soccer with a new and efficient service.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family