If you are like many out there who don’t want to have a monthly cable/satellite bill anymore, but still want to watch live soccer matches, you are in luck. “Cord cutters” now have many different ways to watch live soccer events without having to fork out $50, $60, or $70 a month in television provider fees. Listed below are seven different ways you can get your soccer fix relatively cheaply.
1. Watch games at a pub – Depending on what city/town you live in, there should be pubs or sports bars nearby that will show live soccer matches. Some pubs are designated “homes” for specific soccer teams and will broadcast many (if not all) of their club’s matches. Many international soccer clubs have American websites that will list certain pubs that show their team’s matches. Click here for a list of soccer friendly pubs throughout America and Canada (note: this is not necessarily a complete list of pro-soccer pubs in North America, it is just a guide).
2. DishWorld – DishWorld is a streaming device that allows its customers to watch certain international television channels without having a cable box or satellite dish. For $10 a month you can have their sports package which includes seven channels, two of which provides extensive soccer coverage (beIN Sports and One World Sports). The sports package will air Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, and Copa del Rey matches, as well as Arsenal, Barcelona, Chelsea, and Bayern Munich coverage. For a review of DishWorld’s services, click here.
3. Movie theaters – With help from NBCSN, select movie theaters are now showing one Barclays Premier League game per week for the rest of the 2014-15 season. 33 movie theaters around the country will show a Premier League match on Saturday mornings. To guarantee top-quality matchups every week, games will be announced every Tuesday. To view the matchup of the week, buy tickets, and/or to find out if a theater near you will be showing live Premier League matches, click here.
4. MLS Live – For MLS fans, MLS Live offers access through Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, Android, and Panasonic devices for a fee. To subscribe for the rest of this season, MLS Live charges $31.99. If you would rather pay by the month, it would cost $15.99 per month. Access to MLS Live will let you view every match of the American professional soccer league.
5. FOX Soccer 2GO – This subscription-based app offers soccer matches from the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, CONCACAF Champions League, Scottish Premier League, FA Cup, England National Team (home games), Australian Hyundai A-League, and the Israeli Premier League. With FOX Soccer 2GO you can stream over 1,200 live and on demand soccer matches on your Mac or PC. Subscription fees are either $19.99 per month, or $169.99 per year.
6. Over-the-air antenna – TV antennas can offer many local channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, etc.) without having to commit to cable or satellite contracts. How many specific channels your antenna picks up usual depends on what part of the country you live in (and the strength of the antenna). NBC airs some Barclays Premier League and MLS matches on the weekends and FOX has shown UEFA Champions League finals in the past. Some localized Spanish language channels show Liga MX matches as well. (I have tried different antennas in the past and I would personally suggest the Mohu Leaf).
7. Using a smart DNS service – As discussed in my article last week, using a smart DNS service to stream live Barclays Premier League matches can be done easily, along with help from BBC’s iPlayer (or iTV). Unblockus will give you simplified instructions on how to use their smart DNS service and you can quickly start to watch British soccer programing.
Do you live outside the USA? You can get any of the above streaming services. First, sign up for a free trial to Unblockus, a smart DNS service that allows you to change your IP address to the US. Then click on the ‘Sign up now’ links above.
30+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes TUDN, GolTV, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more