PSV Eindhoven and Atletico Madrid have reportedly reached an agreement to send 18-year-old Belgian sensation Zakaria Bakkali to the Vicente Calderon this season.
The young striker’s contract with PSV was set to expire in June 2015, but the player had rejected the Dutch club’s attempts to extend his stay in Eindhoven. Bakkali has been restricted to training with PSV’s ‘B’ team since his decision to turn his back on an extension with the senior side.
De Telegraaf in Netherlands reports that Atletico will pay between £1.5-2.5 million for Bakkali and only need to agree to personal terms with the player.
The 5’5″ forward scored four goals in twenty-four matches in all competitions last season and has drawn comparisons to fellow Belgian, Eden Hazard.
Bakkali is considered one of the hottest young prospect in Europe and was reportedly being monitored by Real Madrid, Barcelona, both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Benfica.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season