Barcelona and Spain midfielder Xavi is close to finalizing a three-year deal with MLS team New York City FC, which would see the 2010 World Cup winner team up with fellow Spaniard David Villa.
Barcelona and MLS are trying to finalize the deal before Xavi is scheduled to return to Barcelona training on Thursday, according to Spanish publication Sport. The website writes that both Xavi and Barcelona want the deal to go through, but one of the final decisions is regarding a farewell match so fans can bid adios to one of the greatest players in the history of FC Barcelona.
A final decision to complete the transfer could be expected between now and Thursday.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ