Colombia’s star player James Rodriguez scored from a penalty kick to pull Colombia back into the game, to reduce the scoreline to 2-1 to Brazil.
Rodriguez scored in the 78th minute after Colombia went on the attack but Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar fouled one of its players, giving the referee no other option than to award Cesar a yellow card and call for a penalty kick.
The goal has fired up Colombia to see if they can pull back an equalizer to take the game to extra time.
Watch the highlights of the penalty incident where James Rodriguez put the ball into the back of the net:
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season