Netherlands striker Arjen Robben did it again. The Dutch footballer, who is undoubtedly one of the best footballers in the world, accentuated a trip by Rafa Marquez in the penalty area late in the game against Mexico to win a penalty for the Dutch. With the game at 1-1, Klaas jan Huntelaar stepped to take the penalty and put the ball into the back of the net to win the match for the Dutch.
There’s no doubt that Robben accentuated the dive and made the trip look a lot worse than it was. Having said that, the trip by Marquez was still a foul. But we’ll never know whether the referee would have called the penalty or not if Robben hadn’t dived to make the foul look far worse than it was.
What’s your opinion regarding the incident? Do you agree or disagree with the referee’s decision? Watch the video below and share your opinion in the comments section.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ