Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf ran a cartoon on the front cover of its newspaper today with Netherlands manager Louis Van Gaal wearing a sombrero that says “MexiGo Home,” as well as wearing a poncho and toting two guns.
The rest of the cartoon features Dutch stars such as Robin van Persie and Arjen Robben running around as little mice.
Is this insulting or racist against Mexicans? Or is it all in good humor? Share your opinions in the comment section below.
The Netherlands play Mexico tomorrow at Noon ET/9am PT in the World Cup Round of 16 match, with the Dutch heavily favored to win.
This isn’t the first time where the Dutch newspaper has tried to troll its opponents. Here are the front covers of recent editions targeting Spain, Australia and Chile:
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- International duty brings sweep of injuries to Barcelona
- Slaven Bilić becomes Watford’s 17th full-time manager since 2012
- Where to find Hungary vs. Italy on US TV
- Where to find England vs. Germany on US TV
- Sling Blue, Peacock and Paramount+ provide the best games for less
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG