BELO HORIZONTE – The Uruguayan FA released a video to intensify their country’s support as the squad continues to prepare for the world cup in Brazil.
“We know the World Cup is going to be difficult. Some say that it is going to be impossible. They talk about the group of death, faraway matches and a lot of other things,” says the narrator in the footage while the national team playing. The minute video asks fans to help “Awaken The Mystique.”
This campaign also focuses on and appeals to the toughness of Uruguay as well as the ability that they’ve had to overcome adversity by doing what they have to do in order to get the job done. At that moment, you see the controversial Luis Suarez stopping Ghana from scoring with his hand in the 2010 World Cup quarterfinal match from South Africa.
The Uruguayans look confident and they showed it in their video where La Celeste stars like Edinson Cavani, Diego Forlan, and Suarez spoke about how the team is looking to return to the top of this tournament.The team is holding training camp in Sete Lagoas and Suarez continues to improve and looks to be ready for their opener.
Below is the video and Uruguay will debut on Saturday in Fortaleza against Costa Rica. The national team will try to repeat what they did in 1950, which is win the World Cup in Brazil.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Iran national team stands in solidarity after nation erupts in turmoil
- USWNT roster announced ahead of October friendlies
- 2023 Women’s World Cup tickets go on sale from October 6th
- MLS killed the TV star: A farewell to MLS regional broadcast crews
- 5 fundamental questions MLS must answer before Apple TV launch
- Study shows Premier League clubs hit hardest by injuries
- Todd Boehly in talks to purchase Portuguese club
- Qatar affirms COVID-19 tests requirements ahead of World Cup
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso