Gerardo Martino has stepped down as manager of FC Barcelona.
According to a brief statement issued by Barcelona, Martino will leave the club by mutual constent. The decision was made shortly after Atletico Madrid tied Barcelona 1-1 at Camp Nou, which was enough to help Atleti win the 2013/14 La Liga title.
Gerardo Martino, nicknamed Tata Martino, was appointed manager in July 2013 as a replacement for Tito Vilanova. While in charge of Barcelona, the Argentine was unable to help Barcelona win any silverware where they lost the league title to Atletico Madrid and lost Copa del Rey to Real Madrid.
All speculation will now focus on who will be the next manager in charge of Barcelona.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family