Today marks 100 days until the 2014 FIFA World Cup kicks off in Brazil. To coincide with the 100 days mark, ESPN has debuted a new 30-second ad to promote its coverage of the World Cup.
The 30-second ad, currently running on ESPN, highlights the tournament’s rich history with Brazilian culture and its impact on the beautiful game. ESPN is the exclusive U.S. English-language rights holder for the event, which will run from June 12-July 13, 2014.
The spot, developed by ESPN’s award-winning marketing team, tells the story of Brazil through a soccer lens. To remain true to the Brazilian authenticity, the ad is voiced in Brazilian Portuguese, with English subtitles, by internationally renowned Brazilian musician Seu Jorge, whose deep and gritty voice lends a unique sound to the campaign. Additionally, the background song featured is Bat Macumba by Brazilian band Os Mutantes.
Artistic, yes. Memorable, not so much.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season