Manchester City have a mountain to climb in the second leg of its UEFA Champions League match after Barcelona took a commanding 2-0 win at the Etihad Stadium to damage City’s chances of making it to the quarter-finals.
The turning point in the match was when Manchester City defender Martin Dimichelis fouled Leo Messi, resulting in the referee sending Dimichelis off and awarding a penalty to Barcelona.
Was it a correct decision to award a penalty or not? Watch this and share your feedback in the comments section below.
Messi then calmly slotted the ball into the net from the penalty spot:
Barcelona then put the match out of Manchester City’s reach when Dani Alves scored the second goal to seal the 2-0 victory:
For the latest Barcelona news, analysis and opinion, visit the Barcelona team page.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family