Hull City are on the verge of signing West Bromwich Albion striker Shane Long on a £5million deal, according to reports in the British media tonight.
The unsettled Irish striker could finally complete the transfer to Steve Bruce’s side after the same move on deadline day in the summer transfer window was scuttled. The Tigers will pay £5million for the Republic of Ireland striker who will undergo a physical on Thursday. Long has played 85 games for the Baggies, netting 22 goals since he was transferred from Reading during the 2011 summer window.
This season, Long has made 14 Premier League appearances, scoring three times. The striker was a key part of West Brom’s eighth place finish last season under Steve Clarke but is out of contract this summer.
While the Baggies have an option to extend Long’s contract by one year, West Brom have agreed to sell the player now.
Editor’s note: For the latest WBA news, analysis and opinion, visit the West Bromwich Albion team page.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season