Hull City are on the verge of signing West Bromwich Albion striker Shane Long on a £5million deal, according to reports in the British media tonight.
The unsettled Irish striker could finally complete the transfer to Steve Bruce’s side after the same move on deadline day in the summer transfer window was scuttled. The Tigers will pay £5million for the Republic of Ireland striker who will undergo a physical on Thursday. Long has played 85 games for the Baggies, netting 22 goals since he was transferred from Reading during the 2011 summer window.
This season, Long has made 14 Premier League appearances, scoring three times. The striker was a key part of West Brom’s eighth place finish last season under Steve Clarke but is out of contract this summer.
While the Baggies have an option to extend Long’s contract by one year, West Brom have agreed to sell the player now.
Editor’s note: For the latest WBA news, analysis and opinion, visit the West Bromwich Albion team page.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find Boca Juniors vs. Banfield on US TV
- Where to find USMNT U-20 vs. Honduras U-20 on US TV
- Vitinha joins PSG in club’s first off-season signing
- Serie A reaches TV rights deal with Abu Dhabi Media
- ESPN reveals Women’s Euro 2022 commentators and analysts
- Barcelona sell 10% of Liga TV rights to US fund
- How Antonio Conte revitalized Spurs into an elite side
- Morata to return to Atletico as loan at Juventus ends
- Tottenham closing on deal for Everton’s Richarlison – reports
- England’s White eyes Euro glory to cap glorious career