Arsenal attacking midfielder Theo Walcott has been ruled out of action for six months with an injury he picked up in the FA Cup match against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
The England and Arsenal footballer has sustained a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee, according to Arsenal.com.
Walcott will have surgery and is expected to be out for at least six months, which means he’ll miss the rest of Arsenal’s season as well as the 2014 World Cup.
“Everyone at Arsenal wishes Theo a speedy recovery and we look forward to seeing him back on a football pitch as soon as possible,” according to a statement on the Arsenal website.
Editor’s note: For the latest Gunners news, analysis and opinion, visit the Arsenal team page.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season