The history of soccer in the United States started long before the New York Cosmos won the NASL championship in 1972. In fact, the modern game of soccer first saw signs of life in the United States in the 1860s-1870s as immigrants came through Ellis Island and quickly shared their love of the sport across the different communities where they lived in the States.
One team that emerged was Bethlehem Steel, which was founded in 1907 and has the distinction of being one of the earliest and most successful clubs in the early part of the country’s soccer history.
The Pennsylvania based team has a rich history. Watch the following video to gain more insight and appreciation of one of the forefathers of American soccer.
30+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes TUDN, GolTV, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more