Arsenal’s Theo Walcott rubbed in the Gunners victory against Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup Third Round today by reminding them of the score after being carried off the pitch on a stretcher in front of the Spurs supporters in the away end.
During the commentary of the match, former Arsenal footballer Stewart Robson criticized Walcott’s actions, describing it as “pathetic behavior.”
As Walcott was carried toward the tunnel, Tottenham Hotspur fans directed verbal abuse toward Walcott. Just a minute later, as the stretcher went in front of the Arsenal supporters, the Arsenal fans showered Walcott with scarves, applause and praise.
What’s your opinion regarding Walcott’s behavior? Was it pathetic behavior or banter? Share your feedback in the comments section below.
While Walcott was over the moon with the two-nil victory, Arsenal will be concerned that Mikel Arteta and Theo Walcott were withdrawn from the match after suffering injuries.
Editor’s note: For the latest Gunners news, analysis and opinion, visit the Arsenal team page.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season