Connect with us

FA Cup

US TV/Internet Schedule Revealed For This Weekend’s FA Cup Third Round Games

The third round of the FA Cup, the oldest soccer competition in the world, kicks off this weekend featuring several Premier League and Football League teams, with several of the key matches scheduled to be aired live on US television and/or Internet.

Founded in 1871, the FA Cup will be beamed around the world. For those of us in the United States, the games will be shown on FOX channels, as listed below:

Saturday, January 4:

Blackburn vs Manchester City (FA Cup third round), 7:45am, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2Go
Rochdale vs Leeds United (FA Cup third round), 10am, FOX Sports 1
Grimsby Town vs Huddersfield Town (FA Cup third round), 10am, FOX Sports 2
Macclesfield vs Sheffield Wednesday (FA Cup third round), 10am, FOX Soccer Plus
Arsenal vs Spurs (FA Cup third round), 12:15pm, FOX and FOX Soccer 2Go

Sunday, January 5:

Nottingham Forest vs West Ham (FA Cup third round), 7am, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2Go
Derby County vs Chelsea (FA Cup third round), 9:15am, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2Go
Manchester United vs Swansea (FA Cup third round), 11.30am, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2Go

The plum tie of the round is Arsenal against Tottenham Hotspur, which will be shown on the over-the-air FOX network on Saturday at 12:15pm ET (check your local listings). Another tantalizing match is Sunday morning’s game between high-flying Derby County and Chelsea, which promises to be an intriguing encounter. And who would have imagined that Grimsby against Huddersfield would be featured on US television on Saturday morning?

On top of that, the well-supported Leeds United return to US television with a tricky away match versus Rochdale on FOX Sports 1 on Saturday.

To many, myself included, the third round of the FA Cup is one of the best days of the soccer calendar particularly when there’s the prospect of giant Premier League clubs being beaten by tiny Football League sides.

The complete schedule of FA Cup third round matches can be viewed here.

Which FA Cup matches are you looking forward to watching?

For the latest schedule of Premier League matches on US television, bookmark the Premier League TV schedule page.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
24 Comments

24 Comments

1. James Smorto

January 5, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Can you tell me the correct story why the LFC vs Oldham match was not televised. I’m told LFC did not want to pay the fee the FA charges for broadcasting. The other story is The FA decides which matches to televise and they chose to air “underdog” matches. Doesn’t make sense as the Arsenal, both Manc matches and Chelsea match aired.

2. Chiefy

January 4, 2014 at 8:43 pm

“FOX Soccer Plus satisfies fans’ appetite for more of the best players, clubs and competitions fulfilling the need that cannot be found anywhere else in the US.” — bollocks

3. Nabz

January 4, 2014 at 2:39 pm

The fox soccer plus website doesn;t mention any liverpool game?

4. Rubio

January 3, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Forget the Liverpool game – where can I watch Everton v. QPR???

• Christopher Harris

January 3, 2014 at 9:23 pm

It’s not being shown on television or Internet.

5. Wigglesworth81

January 2, 2014 at 6:20 pm

It has happened before, but be advised that they Arsenal/Spurs match could be bumped for an infomercial or Fish Masters 2014. This happens too often in the midwest.

6. Christopher Harris

January 2, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Confirmation that yes, Liverpool’s game vs Oldham will be featured on FOX Soccer Plus on Sunday at 10am ET.

• Christopher Harris

January 3, 2014 at 8:11 am

Clarification: FOX Sports has told me that Liverpool-Oldham will not be shown on television on Sunday after all. There was a mistake on FOXSoccer’s website where the information was incorrect. Liv-Oldham will not be televised unfortunately.

7. prttblues

January 2, 2014 at 1:29 pm

How am I supposed to watch Liverpool v Oldham??? I don’t get Fox Soccer Plus on my cable where I live because they are jerks, so how am I supposed to watch the match??? It’s not even listed as being on FoxSoccer2Go!! How am I supposed to watch this game?????

• Christopher Harris

January 2, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I would recommend checking with local pubs in the area to see if any of them have the channel.

• prttblues

January 2, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Yeah…right… I don’t think so… We don’t have a bar or pub in the sticks.

• CassanovaFrankenstein

January 2, 2014 at 1:56 pm

lol, seriously?

8. Len F

December 30, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I may be wrong but isn’t Macclesfield playing Wednesday rather than United?

Between the FA Cup and the NFL playoffs this weekend, the wife is not going to be too pleased with me.

• Christopher Harris

December 30, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Correct. Now fixed! Thanks Len.

9. Jody Fleming

December 30, 2013 at 4:20 pm

No LFC match on TV?

• Christopher Harris

December 30, 2013 at 4:26 pm

It’s not being televised, sorry Jody.

• Nick

December 30, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Fox Soccer Plus schedule is showing an FA Cup match on Sunday at 10:00. I’m hoping it is the LFC-Oldham match.

• Christopher Harris

December 30, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Good catch Nick. The TV schedules are conflicting. On some of them, I’m seeing an A-League game scheduled for 10am ET on FOX Soccer Plus. But Google is listing FOX Soccer Plus. I’ve updated the schedule to reflect Liverpool vs Oldham on Sunday at 10am ET on FOX Soccer Plus. Thanks.

• Nick

December 30, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Yes, I noticed the conflict as well. I e-mailed Fox Soccer about it this morning, but haven’t heard anything yet. I don’t know if that 10:00 slot is for the LFC match or not.

• prttblues

January 2, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I don’t get Fox Soccer Plus where I live, so how am I supposed to watch the Liverpool v Oldham match??? It’s not even listed as being on FoxSoccer2Go!!

• James Smorto

January 4, 2014 at 12:09 pm

At this time, on my local cable schedule, FSP is still showing the A-League match. If you see a change, please let us know.

• Christopher Harris

January 4, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Liverpool-Oldham will not be shown on US TV, according to FOX. Sorry.

10. Mo

December 30, 2013 at 4:14 pm

So Gus Johnson will be in London right?

• Cantona

December 31, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Gus has basketball matches today.. So he won’t be flying to London… None of the Fox crew are in England. That is not to say there won’t still spring him on is having him do the match odd the tube… But I doubt fox would risk using him right now that would start all the negative attention on him. They will wait until later on for his training sessions, and have the amateur set for the Champs League Quarters and the FA Cup final.

Just be ready to stream…

Cantona—