FOX has scheduled two major FA Cup games to be shown live on the free-to-air FOX Network in 2014, according to a World Soccer Talk source.
FOX will televise the FA Cup Third Round match between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday, January 4. The broadcast will begin at Noon ET, with the game kicking off at 12:15pm ET.
Although FOX no longer has the US media rights to the Premier League, the FA Cup match between Arsenal and Spurs is an ideal opportunity to showcase two of the most storied teams in English football. Plus, the game has the added bonus of being a derby.
In addition to the live match from the Emirates Stadium, the free-to-air FOX Network also plans on broadcasting the 2013/14 FA Cup Final live on US television on Saturday, May 17 from Noon-2:30pm ET. Last season, FOX showed the FA Cup Final between Wigan Athletic and Manchester City live on US television. Last season’s final was the first time a FA Cup Final had ever been broadcast on over-the-air television in the United States.
No announcement has been made yet regarding who will commentate the upcoming FA Cup matches on FOX.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season