Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp, who took his side to the UEFA Champions League Final last season, believes that Arsenal can win the tournament.
Klopp was speaking after his side was beaten on its own turf by Arsenal 1-0 in Germany. The Dortmund manager said:
“They are young, healthy and good technicians.
“They won a clever game and could go to the final and win it – as long as they don’t play against Bayern Munich.
“We had 11 shots before they scored and sometimes it was like they were defending with four legs, but football is a game of results.
“It is difficult after the game, but you have to look forward.
“It is a very strong group and the positive news tonight is that two wins and we will qualify.”
What’s your opinion? Do you believe Arsenal can go all the way to win the UEFA Champions League Final? And can they do it at the same time that they’re making a run for the Premier League title? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Jurgen Klopp: Arsenal can win the Champions League — The Mirror
- Arsène Wenger hails Arsenal players after beating Borussia Dortmund — The Guardian
- Swansea’s injured Michu may be out until December as he battles knee and ankle knack — The Mirror
- Sunderland 2 Southampton 1: Phil Bardsley and Sebastian Larsson seal Gus Poyet’s quarter-final clash with Chelsea — The Mail
- Arsenal find harmony in combination of crosses and defensive diligence — The Guardian
- Eden Hazard axed from Chelsea match by Jose Mourinho for missing ‘a crucial training session’ — Telegraph
- Arsene Wenger calls for Arsenal to reproduce Dortmund display against Manchester United — The Guardian
- Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay hails French defender Kevin Theophile-Catherine as ‘gold’ — Wales Online
- Ashley Young expected to be warned again about diving by David Moyes — The Guardian
- Football Association of Wales cancels Chris Coleman press conference — The Guardian
- Questions remain after Ange Postecoglou reveals Socceroos squad — The Guardian
- Report: MLS to award Orlando expansion franchise on Nov. 19 — Sports Illustrated
UEFA Champions League
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family