Sheffield United have appointed former Derby County manager Nigel Clough as the new manager of the Blades, to replace David Weir who was recently sacked.
Clough has signed a 2.5 year contact at Bramall Lane. He joins a club that is in twenty first position in League One with just nine points from 13 games. Clough was sacked as manager of Derby County last month after losing the derby match to Nottingham Forest.
Ex-skipper Chris Morgan, who will continue his responsibilities for the club’s U21s, will remain as part of the coaching team being assembled by Nigel Clough, which will feature Gary Crosby and Andy Garner, part of his coaching team at Derby and previously Burton. Nigel’s brother, Simon, is joining United’s scouting structure.
Sheffield United, who could get relegated to League Two if their current form continues, were most recently in the Premier League in 2007 until they finished in eighteenth position and got relegated under manager Neil Warnock.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- How DAZN acquiring Eleven Sports affects soccer fans in USA
- Where to find Puebla vs. América on US TV
- Where to find Hull City vs. Luton Town on US TV
- Iran national team stands in solidarity after nation erupts in turmoil
- USWNT roster announced ahead of October friendlies
- 2023 Women’s World Cup tickets go on sale from October 6th
- MLS killed the TV star: A farewell to MLS regional broadcast crews
- 5 fundamental questions MLS must answer before Apple TV launch
- Study shows Premier League clubs hit hardest by injuries
- Todd Boehly in talks to purchase Portuguese club