West Ham complete the list of clubs safe from relegation spots, but they’ve been fickle to say the least. Their record across all competitions this season is WDWLDLWL, scoring nine goals and conceding eight. Without a run of either wins or losses, it’s really difficult to ascertain where they stand. Their goals scored and conceded give them a high boom or bust potential. This club could end up just about anywhere in the mid to lower half of the table.
Fulham, Crystal Palace, and Sunderland sitting at the bottom won’t surprise many. Fulham had a nice win against a surging Everton, but have only managed to score a goal, at most, in all other Premier League matches. Maybe it was the removal of the Michael Jackson statue or maybe it was the loss of Clint Dempsey last season. Either way, Fulham are a sinking ship.
Crystal Palace on the other hand never had their ship afloat. Their only win has come against the one club below them on the table and they’ve failed to score in four of their other matches. There was a lot of doubt after narrowly beating Watford to gain promotion, and those doubts seem to be manifesting themselves. It will take something special for them to not go right back down.
And bringing up the rear is Sunderland. After just beating relegation last season, the Black Cats find themselves right where they left off. With just one point to show from six matches this has to be one of the worst starts from a club in league history. Sunderland have netted four goals and conceded fourteen with the most difficult meetings yet to come. They rightly fired manager Paolo Di Canio but will need the right fit at the helm if things are going to change. If you’re a Sunderland supporter, it’s okay to be in panic mode.
Of course it’s far too early to accurately predict how any of these clubs will finish. But that’s part of the fun, isn’t it? In two or three weeks, this table will probably look completely different and that’s what’s important. If soccer was predictable, no one would watch it. Now let’s see how these clubs choose to shake everything up.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family