NBC Sports Group posted record-setting numbers through the first five weeks of its exclusive coverage of the Premier League across NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, Telemundo, mun2, the Premier League Extra Time bonus TV package and the NBC Sports Live Extra live streaming product.
Almost 10 million people have tuned in to NBC Sports Group’s Premier League television coverage – featuring 36 telecasts on five networks (four on NBC, 22 on NBCSN, one on CNBC, nine on mun2 – does not include Telemundo). The 27 English-language games on NBC, NBCSN and CNBC drew a total of 9.1 million viewers – up 92% from the 4.8 million total for the first five weeks of live action on ESPN and Fox Soccer last year.
Since the Premier League season kicked off on August 17, NBCSN has posted a 67% increase in average total day viewership – tops among any sports cable network.
In addition, NBCSN’s Premier League telecasts are averaging 391,000 viewers – a 70% jump over the average posted by ESPN, ESPN2 and Fox Soccer after five weeks last year (230,000). Sunday’s Manchester derby between Manchester City and Manchester United averaged 852,000 viewers to rank as the second most-watched Premier League match on cable in the U.S. on record.
Additional milestones from NBC Sports Group’s Premier League coverage:
Manchester Derby Most-Watched Match On NBCSN: Sunday’s Manchester derby between Manchester City and Manchester United ranks as NBCSN’s most-watched telecast since the Stanley Cup Final in June, and delivered cable’s second most-watched Premier League telecast on record with 852,000 viewers. Viewing of the match peaked from 11:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m. with more than 1 million viewers.
Most-Watched Weekday Match: NBCSN’s Aug. 26 telecast of Manchester United v. Chelsea ranks as the #2 all-time viewership among weekday, early season (prior to December) Premier League matches on U.S. television. The match also marked NBCSN’s best weekday audience since the 2012 London Olympics.
Highest Opening Weekend Average Viewership: The five games on NBC and NBCSN averaged 443,000 viewers — +78% above the ESPN/FOX Soccer average for five games on Opening Weekend last year (249,000 average viewers).
Best Opening Weekend on Cable in U.S. History: For games on cable, the four weekend matches on NBCSN averaged 356,000 viewers – ranking as the most-watched Premier League opening weekend on cable in the U.S., and a +43% increase from last year’s 249,000 average viewership for the five games on ESPN and Fox Soccer.
Nearly 35 Million Minutes Streamed: Fans have live streamed 34.7 million minutes of Premier League action so far this season via NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices and tablets. Through 50 games this season, there have been 1.7 million live starts on NBC Sports Live Extra.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family