Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez scored the opening goal for Manchester United against Liverpool in the Capital One Cup third round match at Old Trafford this evening.
Hernandez, who made a rare appearance starting for United, scored for the Red Devils in the 46th minute after hitting the ball first time from a Wayne Rooney corner kick. beIN SPORT co-commentator Ray Hudson compared the art of Chicharito’s jump and graceful strike to dancer Rudolf Nureyev.
The goal and exemplary performance by Hernandez, who was substituted in the 74th minute, should ease Manchester United’s fears this weekend if Robin van Persie isn’t fit to return against West Bromwich Albion.
H/T Feint Zebra.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season