Swansea City completely outplayed Valencia today in their first game of the Europa League Group Stage, recording the Welsh club’s first win on the European continent since 1982 — 31 years ago.
Swansea silenced the Valencia fans at the Mestalla when record signing Wilfried Bony opened the scoring for the Swans in the 13th minute. From then on, it was all Swansea — who were aided by Rami being red carded in the 10th minute for a foul on Bony to prevent a goal scoring opportunity.
It was a historic victory by the Swansea side who looked at ease on the European stage.
Swansea played in their away strip of purple and yellow.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season