Manchester United bid €150million for Gareth Bale in the summer transfer window, according to a report today in L’Equipe newspaper.
On Friday, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti said:
“I know that Tottenham had a higher bid than Real Madrid’s for Gareth Bale.”
L’Equipe reports that, according to their sources, Manchester United was the club who bid approximately €150million for Bale. In addition to United, Paris Saint-Germain was in the race to sign Bale, and was willing to offer €9million in annual wages compared to the €6million that Madrid offered.
Meanwhile, Gareth Bale is set to make his debut for Real Madrid today, away against Villarreal where he’s scheduled to play on the right wing. For viewers in the United States, the game will be shown live on beIN SPORT beginning at 3:55pm ET.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family