England fans were injured in Kiev, Ukraine last night after 30 hooded Ukrainians attacked them with knives ahead of tomorrow’s World Cup qualifier between the two countries.
After the attack happened, the 30 Ukrainians fled, but no one has been arrested.
Three England football supporters were taken to hospital — one with a stab wound, one with a head injury and a third with severe bruising.
Here’s amateur video footage of one of the supporters who was wounded on the pavement.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- England fans injured in Kiev after ’30 hooded Ukrainians attack them with knives’ — Independent
- 100 caps for Frank Lampard as midfielder prepares to join Beckham, Cole, Gerrard & 4 others — Mirror
- Blatter: FIFA should have realised Qatar World Cup would have to be moved to winter — Evening Standard
- Clarence Goodson ready to face Mexico challenge — American Soccer Now
- Sunderland legend Niall Quinn calls for changes in Irish football — Sunderland Echo
- Jordi Cruyff: Midfielders make the best managers but I knew Roy Keane would not be great — The Mail
- Joachim Low set to extend Germany contract — ESPN FC
- Former PL chief hits out as English FA asking if ‘they really want to govern’ — Inside World Football
- Tottenham and England’s Kyle Walker avoids FA disciplinary action over ‘legal high’ — Sky Sports
- Microsoft alters Xbox One ‘FIFA 14’ pre-order promise, offers ‘Forza 5’ instead — The Verge
- Craig Bellamy: Wales & Cardiff City striker hints at retirement — BBC Sport
- Clarke Carlisle criticises Ferdinand brothers over their refusal to back the anti-racism campaign ‘Kick It Out’ last season — Independent
- Jozy Altidore returns to Sunderland ahead of schedule after suspension — Shields Gazette
- Newcastle deal collapsed because of wages, says Bafetimbi Gomis — Newcastle Chronicle
- Newcastle cast net over Iceland striker Alfred Finnbogason — Metro
- Liverpool tried to sign Gabriel Batistuta to play alongside Robbie Fowler — The Mirror
- Carlisle sack manager Greg Abbott after poor start to League One campaign — Independent
- The death of the 92 Club — The Two Unfortunates
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family