FOX Sports 1 made its soccer debut this week with two live UEFA Champions League matches on the new sports network.
On Tuesday, during the live broadcast of PSV Eindhoven against AC Milan, the FOX Sports 1 ticker that ran across the bottom of the screen during the game didn’t report any soccer scores from the other matches.
However, during FS1’s Wednesday broadcast of Fenerbahce versus Arsenal, the ticker not only reported scores from all of the UEFA Champions League fixtures, but it also displayed updates of NBCSN’s concurrent live broadcast of Chelsea vs Aston Villa match. By doing so, it ruined the experience for any soccer fans hoping to watch the other games on DVR later that day.
Is Fox Sports 1 going to make a habit out of only reporting soccer scores on their ticker while a competing network has a concurrent live soccer broadcast? Plus, can FOX Sports 1 do something about their obnoxiously large ticker that always runs across the bottom of the screen (even during commercial breaks)? It also includes a totally blank blue bar that’s approximately one inch tall that spans the entire width of the screen. A significant portion of the frame is completely blocked. Presumably, the space is being saved for sponsors to purchase the ad unit for future broadcasts of sports events including soccer.
Is the crawl at the bottom of the screen something we can expect to see from FOX Sports on all UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, FA Cup and World Cup 2018-22 games?
What’s your opinion about FOX Sports 1’s coverage of the UEFA Champions League this week? Share your opinion below.
And if you want to see what FUN the FOX Soccer Daily crew have been up to, you’ve got to watch this video:
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Deal Alert: Best streaming deals this Memorial Day Weekend
- Africa beckons for Royal after dramatic draw with Orlando Pirates
- Regret? Skupski prioritises French Open over Champions League ticket
- Klopp urges Liverpool to show Madrid who’s boss in Champions League final
- Ancelotti says Real Madrid can achieve ‘the maximum’ by winning Champions League
- Mancini thanks Chiellini before Italy send-off against Argentina
- How to watch UEFA Nations League on US TV and streaming
- Klopp shrugs off Mane speculation, but concerned over new Paris pitch
- ‘Things change’ – Ceferin warns Europe’s old elite before Champions League final
- UEFA chief Ceferin calls on La Liga to stop criticism of PSG