US international striker Juan Agudelo has signed a pre-contract with Stoke City, and will formally join the club in January, according to a report by SBI.
Sources confirmed to SBI that Agudelo will join Stoke City in January after his current MLS contract expires on December 31. The report adds that Stoke City and Agudelo are trying to see if the striker can join The Potters in the current transfer window, but a transfer fee will need to be finalized in the next 27 days before the window shuts.
Agudelo, 20, has made 17 appearances for the US national team and has scored two goals. The Colombian-born striker was traded from Chivas USA to New England Revolution in May, and is seen by many as one of the promising stars in Major League Soccer.
Stoke City haven’t confirmed the news as of press time.
What’s your opinion about Agudelo moving to Stoke City where he’ll team up with fellow Americans Geoff Cameron and Brek Shea? Do you think Agudelo can cut it in the Premier League? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season