NBC Sports is continuing to promote its coverage of the upcoming Premier League season that kicks off on August 17. Its latest promotion effort is on the New York City subway where they’ve added wraps inside and outside of subway cars to promote two famous derbies in English soccer — Manchester City versus Manchester United, and Arsenal against Tottenham Hotspur.
Commuters who ride the Times Square Shuttle in New York City may have seen the promotions. On the Manchester-themed subway car, half of the car is emblazoned in red with the words “Keep Calm and Pick Man United,” while the other half is in blue and features the words “Keep Calm and Pick Man City.” Inside the car, half of it is themed in Manchester United colors, while the rest are in City colors.
You can see the Arsenal and Tottenham subway car below where commuters entering the subway car are faced with either sitting in the red section (Arsenal) or the blue section (Spurs). On the roof of the car, it reads “Keep Calm and Pick A Side.” Even the seats have the club crests, so you can literally pick a side.
As someone who has worked in marketing for 16 years, this is an absolutely brilliant marketing promotion. Even if I wasn’t a soccer fan, I’d be impressed with this. Congratulations to NBC Sports on a well thought out campaign to get the word out to commuters in New York (and now the rest of the country) that the Premier League is coming!
Here’s everything you need to know about NBC’s coverage of the Premier League. Plus, watch all of the promotional videos NBC Sports has released and here’s a photo of the Premier League billboard NBC posted in Times Square.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Sling Blue, Peacock and Paramount+ provide the best games for less
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar
- Premier League should be decreased to 18 teams, says David Dein
- Southgate holding England back from being world beaters