NBC Sports has announced their Premier League TV schedule for the first three months of the 2013-14 season, which includes an unprecedented 10 matches on their free over-the-air NBC network. Those games are Swansea-Man United (Aug. 17), Aston Villa-Liverpool (Aug. 24), Crystal Palace-Sunderland (Aug. 31), Everton-Chelsea (Sept. 14), Swansea-Arsenal (Sept. 28), West Ham-Manchester City (Oct. 19), Arsenal-Liverpool (Nov. 2), Norwich-West Ham United (Nov. 9), Manchester City-Tottenham (Nov. 23) and Newcastle United-West Bromwich Albion (Nov. 30).
Altogether between August 17 and December 1, NBC Sports will broadcast 69 games on live television and all 130 via their app NBC Sports Live Extra. Out of the 69 games to be shown live on US television, 10 of them will be on the over-the-air NBC network, 2 on CNBC and the remaining 57 on NBC Sports Network. Additionally, 27 games of the 69 games will be simulcast in Spanish on Telemundo/mun2. This means that at least five Premier League matches per week will be shown live on US television for the first three months of the season.
For subscribers who will have access to Premier League Extra Time, they’ll be able to watch all 61 games that aren’t being televised on NBC, CNBC, NBC Sports Network or Telemundo/mun2. As a result, TV providers who offer Premier League Extra Time in addition to NBC Sports Network and other NBC channels will be able to offer soccer fans all of the Premier League games live via TV.
As of press time, the TV providers that will offer its subscribers Premier League Extra Time are DirecTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, Cablevision’s Optimum, Comcast Xfinity TV and Suddenlink.
For access to NBC Sports Live Extra — the web, mobile and tablet app — the following TV providers have signed up to offer it to their subscribers: AT&T U-verse, Cablevision’s Optimum, Comcast Xfinity, COX, DirecTV, DISH Network, RCN, Suddenlink and Verizon FiOS, as well as many other TV providers.
Noticeable by their absence from both lists are two major TV providers in the United States — Time Warner and Charter. If you’re a subscriber to either of those providers, it’s time to either consider switching providers in time for the new season, or to contact them today by phone to find out if they’re even planning on offering access to Premier League Extra Time and NBC Sports Live Extra.
NBC’s coverage of the Premier League begins at 7am ET on Saturday, August 17 for the live match between Liverpool and Stoke City on NBC Sports Network. All games will be preceded and followed by Premier League Live pre- and post-match shows from the brand-new NBC Sports Group International Broadcast Center (IBC) in Stamford, Connecticut.
On the opening day of the season, a decision will be made soon regarding which Saturday 10am ET game will be featured on NBC Sports Network, but we do know that Swansea City against Manchester United will be televised that day at 12:30pm ET live on NBC and mun 2.
To learn about NBC’s coverage plans, here’s everything you need to know about NBC’s plans for the Premier League.
For the complete TV schedule for the first three months of the season, visit World Soccer Talk’s TV schedule page, which is updated throughout the season featuring all of the games that include Premier League clubs.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family