ESPN FC, the new daily soccer show from ESPN that will debut on August 11, will feature Max Bretos and Dan Thomas as the hosts of the show, according to Sports Illustrated.
After a career at Real Madrid TV, Thomas moved to ESPN in 2010 and has been a regular host of Press Pass, as well as a commentator for many soccer matches aired on ESPN.
Bretos also joined ESPN in 2010 after a career at FOX Soccer where he was a presenter and commentator from 1999 to 2010.
Joining Bretos and Thomas will be five pundits yet to be named. If I had to guess who they were, I’d say it’d be Paul Mariner, Alexi Lalas, Taylor Twellman, Steve Nicol and Janusz Michallik. The pundits will be officially named later this week.
In the Sports Illustrated news item, ESPN producer Steve Palese, shared more insight regarding the ESPN FC daily show:
“Editorially, the show will be an extension of ESPNFC.com. The Sunday show will be more highlight driven, but every day, ESPN FC will offer analysis, discussion and reporting on the top stories in the sport. The show will have a global feel while also offering extensive coverage of the U.S. national team and MLS.
“The quality and variety of talent available and the variety of topics that will be covered on a daily basis will make the show informative and enjoyable to soccer fans in the United States. One of the great things about ESPN FC is that if we run out of time on a particular topic, we can always continue the conversation on ESPNFC.com after the show. The reverse will also be true. If there is an article or video analysis piece that is creating a lot of discussion from fans on the site, we will carry that discussion over to the show.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Chelsea tickets on sale for U.S. friendlies
- Man City title miracle all part of Pep’s plan
- Hertha Berlin keep Bundesliga status with play-off win at Hamburg
- Italy face Argentina in UEFA vs CONMEBOL final on FS1
- Spinazzola makes Italy return for ‘Finalissima’ and Nations League
- Ukraine will be ready for World Cup play-off: Scotland boss Clarke
- Avram Glazer defends Man Utd reign after troubled season
- Mbappe says he consulted Macron over PSG deal
- West Ham’s Zouma in court over ‘cat abuse’ video
- Mbappe says he will not overstep role as a player under PSG deal